Enjoy the mountains and the wonderful nature in every season, in Austria and Italy. Beautiful sunny walking landscapes and bike trails in the southern Alps, on the border between Austria-Italy. Take one of the fantastic hiking trails through the spectacular mountain ranges of the Carnian Alps; like the informative Geotrails across the geological border of two mountain areas, or walking in the enchanting Klamm (mountain gorge) or across other extensive walking areas through mountains of Austria and Italy. You can cycle through the pristine nature along the Gail river, and afterwards you go for a swim in the warmest lake of Austria, the Presseggersee (20 minutes drive, ca. 1,5 to 2 hours cycling), or in one of the many other crystal clear mountain lakes in the area.
In the summer let the ski lift take you for a walking tour high up in the mountains, on the borders with Italy or on the 3 countries point with Slovenia. Breathe the pure and healthy mountain air and enjoy a sportive, active walking and/or cycling holiday, or just enjoy your well deserved rest, in this very diverse mountain landscape. In a location which is also ideal for children and less mobile persons.
This is all possible now with a holiday in Chalet Underhill: a holiday house with much luxury and comfort. It has a typical traditional Austrian wellness look, but with all modern conveniences.
- Spacious living room with nice sitting area.
- 3 bedrooms, in total max. 8 persons.
- 2 bathrooms with sink and shower.
- Luxury kitchen with large dining table.
- Internet and TV.
- Spacious south facing garden with lovely covered terrace.
- Large south facing balcony with seating.
- Panoramic view of the mountains.
- Ideal for a walking- or cycling holiday in the mountains.
- All kind of mountain sports close by: climbing, sledding, rafting, canoeing, etc.
- Next to the indoor and outdoor pool, with luxury wellness and sauna.
- Shopping street at 5 minutes walk.
- Authentic Austrian village (at 5 minutes walk).
- Delicious Italian food just across the border in the culinary Italian region of Friuli (from 15 minutes drive).
- Swimming in one of the many lakes, or in the Adriatic Sea (100 minutes drive).
- Next to the family-ski slope (affordable ski passes).
- Cross country skiing trails. Ice climbing.
- At 20 minutes drive from the modern ski arena Nassfeld (ca. 110 km. ski slopes). In the summer you can take the lift up and go down with your bike through a wonderful mountain arena.
Ideally situated in a healthy Kurluft (clean air) area with spring water and a lot of sunshine for a real wellness experience. In the summer with a warm Mediterranean climate, but with nice cool mountain nights for a good night’s sleep. Centrally located in Europe: daytrips are possible to Italy, Slovenia and the Adriatic Sea.
My name is Dave Jeffreys and I am the proud owner of the holiday villa Chalet Underhill, in the pittoresque village Kötschach-Mauthen. I was especially drawn by the enormously diverse offer of activities in this village and the direct surroundings. Here you can really do everything, from mountain sports, summer and winter, swimming, cycling, hiking, etc. I am sure that you as guest will also enjoy all this in the Carinthian sun, in my comfortable holiday villa.