Come and enjoy our apartment in the highest village of the Harz National Park, Sankt Andreasberg. With its location at an altitude of 700 meters, the apartment has a fantastic view! It has a generous area of 90 m2. There is a lawn around the building, where you can relax, play or have a barbecue at the gazebo.
The apartment has 3 bedrooms for up to seven people. There is a bunk bed for the children.
The kitchen is equipped with every luxury with a dishwasher, oven, microwave, electric hob, fridge, coffee maker, toaster and kettle.
In the living room, with a cozy wooden bar, there is a flat screen of 150 cm in diameter, with Netflix and YouTube apps. Free wifi is available everywhere.
The bathroom with a spacious shower cabin has a washing machine and a hair dryer. There is also a drying and storage cellar for laundry and ski equipment to dry and any bicycles and skis brought along can be safely stored here. The existing 3 sleds and 2 skateboards can be used free of charge. There is plenty of parking available.
The supermarket and bakers are 2 minutes away by car. Bread service is available.
Sankt Andreasberg and surroundings
Tip; Download the app "Harz", with this you get all culture, hiking and mtb routes, etc. on your phone.
Some of the many activities:
- The oldest mine in the Harz called "Grube Samson" in Sankt Andreasberg is part of Unesco World Heritage and offers an impressive insight into the history of the silver ore mine at a depth of 190 meters. Beautiful excursion.
- The high rope course in St. Andreasberg with more than 60 stations on natural trees.
- A toboggan run with a length of 550 meters is located on the Matthias Schmidtberg in Sankt Andreasberg.
- The oldest and most fun railways in Germany: the Brockenbahn. The power train takes you at a speed of 20 km per hour to the top of the Brocken (1142 meters).
- Swimming in the subtropical swimming pool Vitamar in Bad Lauterberg.
- With the cable car in Braunlage (15 minutes drive from Sankt Andreasberg) you can reach the top of the Wurmberg with the 6-person cabin lift with fantastic views over the Harz and the Brocken. You can also go down with the "Monsterroller", a giant scooter with wide tires, a unique experience!
- At the Wurmberg there is also a large adventure playground for children and a large goat and hare enclosure with hares, rabbits and guinea pigs.
- The longest pedestrian suspension bridge in the world, the Titan RT in Elbingrode, crosses the Rappbo Valley and spans Germany's largest reservoir. On the other side it is possible to make a GigaSwing. There is also a megazipline for 2 people next to each other, the so-called Flying Fox.
- Visit Castle Wernigerode. You can walk up or with a train up. At the top of the castle there is a cozy terrace with a beautiful view where you can enjoy lunch for a nice price. Wernigerode has a beautiful centuries-old city center.
- The old town of Quedlinburg with its medieval center is considered one of the most beautiful towns with half-timbered houses in Germany. And the town of Goslar is also on the World Heritage List of Unesco.
The area around Sankt Andreasberg is ideal for walking and has many hiking routes.
- There are many different hiking trails, some of which start close to your apartment. For example, a hike to Rehberger Grabenhaus, a 2.4 km walk. From the front of the apartment, cross the road into the field, there are walking signs.
- Rundwanderweg Oderteich, 4.5 km.
- Hike to the top of the Brocken, a beautiful route right along the steam train rails. This walking route starts, among others, behind the Bavaria Alm in Torfhaus. Length 8.5 kilometers to the top!
Due to the many gravel roads and paths, the Harz is the perfect environment for mountain bikers. By renting an electric Mtb, untrained cyclists can also enjoy this.
Also known is the Downhill Park “MSB-X-Trail” on the Mathias Schmidtberg in Sankt Andreasberg. The cable car takes you up by mountain bike, after which the descent can begin.
The Harz is a paradise for motorcyclists, it surprises you as a motorcyclist with its many curves, wonderful roads and altimeters!
The Matthias Schmidtberg and Sonnenberg in Sankt Andreasberg provide a lot of snow fun with the various slopes. Everyone - young and old, beginner or advanced - can ski, snowboard, cross-country ski and snow tubing here. Behind the apartment is an illuminated sledge field, great fun for the children.
In addition, the Wurmberg, located in the center of Braunlage, offers plenty of skiing opportunities at an altitude of 971 meters. This is the highest and largest ski area in the Harz.